Chiba prefecture（千葉）is a popular tourist destination located just east of Tokyo, Japan. The prefecture boasts a diverse range of attractions, from the historic Chiba Castle and the beautiful Inage Seaside Park to the thrilling rides at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. For those looking to escape the city, the Boso Peninsula offers stunning coastal scenery, hiking trails, and hot springs. Chiba is also famous for its seafood, with delicious fresh seafood available at local markets and restaurants. Visitors can also explore the traditional rural landscapes of the region, with beautiful rice paddies and old-fashioned farmhouses. With its close proximity to Tokyo and its diverse range of attractions, Chiba prefecture is a great destination for anyone looking to explore the sights and culture of Japan.
Access to Chiba
- From Tokyo, take the JR Sobu Line or the JR Keiyo Line to Chiba Station. Travel time is approximately 40-60 minutes, depending on the train type.
- From Narita Airport, take the JR Narita Line or the Keisei Line to reach various destinations within Chiba Prefecture.
- JR Uchibo Line and JR Sotobo Line are also available for traveling along the east and west coastlines of Chiba Prefecture.
- Long-distance buses are available from major cities like Tokyo, Yokohama, and Nagoya to Chiba Station.
- Narita International Airport is the primary gateway to Chiba Prefecture and offers both domestic and international flights. From Narita Airport, you can take trains, buses, or taxis to reach different destinations within Chiba Prefecture.
- Tokyo’s Haneda Airport, while not in Chiba Prefecture, is another nearby option for flights. From Haneda Airport, you can take trains, buses, or taxis to Chiba Prefecture.