Fukuoka PayPay Dome, previously known as Fukuoka Yafuoku! Dome, is a significant landmark in Fukuoka City and a must-visit for sports enthusiasts. This article will guide you through the highlights of Fukuoka PayPay Dome, practical information for a seamless visit, and nearby attractions to maximize your experience.
Fukuoka PayPay Dome: A Sports Enthusiast’s Paradise
Fukuoka PayPay Dome is the home stadium of the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks, a professional baseball team in Japan’s Pacific League. The dome is renowned for its retractable roof, making it an all-weather stadium. It can accommodate over 38,000 spectators, making it one of the largest professional baseball stadiums in Japan.
The dome is not just a sports venue but also a hub for various events, including concerts, exhibitions, and festivals. With its state-of-the-art facilities and vibrant atmosphere, Fukuoka PayPay Dome offers an unforgettable experience for all visitors.
While visiting Fukuoka PayPay Dome, you might also want to explore other attractions in the area. The Hawks Town Mall, located just beside the dome, is a perfect place for shopping and dining. The Fukuoka City Museum, also nearby, offers insights into the history and culture of Fukuoka.
Practical Information for a Seamless Visit
Getting to Fukuoka PayPay Dome
- From Hakata Station, take the Kuko Line to Tojinmachi Station. From there, it’s a short bus ride on the #306 bus to the Fukuoka PayPay Dome bus stop. The total journey time is approximately 30 minutes and costs around 500 yen.
- A taxi from Hakata Station to Fukuoka PayPay Dome takes about 15 minutes and costs around 2,000 yen.
- If you’re driving, Fukuoka PayPay Dome is about a 20-minute drive from Hakata Station. There is parking available at the dome for a fee.
Fukuoka PayPay Dome Hours
Fukuoka PayPay Dome is open on game days and event days. The opening hours vary depending on the event, so it’s recommended to check the official website for the most accurate information.
Fukuoka PayPay Dome Tickets
Tickets for games and events at Fukuoka PayPay Dome can be purchased online or at the dome’s ticket office. The ticket prices vary depending on the event and the seating area.
While visiting Fukuoka PayPay Dome, you might need a place to stay. Here are a few options:
- Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk: This hotel offers direct access to the beach and is within a 15-minute walk of PayPay Dome and Momochi Beach. It features 5 restaurants and a full-service spa. The average nightly price is $305.58.
- Hotel Nikko Fukuoka: Located in Hakata Ward, this hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Amu Plaza Hakata and Canal City Hakata. It offers 6 restaurants and free WiFi in public areas. The average nightly price is $206.53.
- APA Hotel & Resort Hakata Ekihigashi: This hotel is located in Hakata Ward and is within 1 mi (2 km) of Amu Plaza Hakata and Canal City Hakata. It offers a restaurant, a microwave in a common area, a seasonal outdoor pool, and free WiFi in public areas. The average nightly price is $105.61.